Tuesday, September 02, 2014

It has been a while since I gave you an update of my ongoing projects and I thought that, with so much on my plate, now might be a good time. Here are the book projects I am currently involved with and which should be released over the next 18 months:

- Walt's People - Volume 15 (Theme Park Press). The manuscript is ready and is being checked by the contributors. I am hoping to see it released by December at the latest.

- The Drew As They Pleased - Volume 1 (Chronicle Books). The manuscript is ready and the illustrations have been selected. It focuses on Albert Hurter, Ferdinand Horvath, Gustaf Tenggren and Bianca Majolie. About 90% of the content will be released in book form for the first time ever. Planned release date: Fall 2015.

- Eric Larson's autobiography (Theme Park Press): I am hard at work on this with Joe Campana, JB Kaufman, and Dan Jeup. I am hoping to see it released by January of next year.

- The Wilfred Jackson / Ross Care letters (Theme Park Press): I am helping Ross put his correspondence in shape for release in book form. Some of the content is truly revolutionary, and while working on this project I managed to unearth some rare (never-seen-before) photos as well as... the lost diaries of Wilfred Jackson!!

- I also had the pleasure of writing a short introduction for the upcoming reprint of the Serbian comic book Mika Mis (Mickey Mouse) from the 1930s (more on this next month).

In addition to those "short term" projects, I have started working on Walt's People - Volume 16, They Drew As They Pleased - Volume 2, and on the editing of the Ward Kimball diaries. I wonder why I felt I needed a break two weeks ago ;-)

No comments: