Thursday, September 25, 2014

I have just received two new books by Disney Publishing which I will review today and tomorrow. The first one is the long awaited Marc Davis: Walt Disney's Renaissance Man.

Needless to say, this is a "must have" and the type of book I wish existed for most of the key Disney artists. This is an absolute beauty encompassing all aspects of Marc's career, including his personal art, the notes he took during his trips, his work for Imagineering, etc. And it is written by a true "Who's Who" of Disney historians and Disney-history enthusiasts: Don Hahn, Andreas Deja, Mindy Johnson, Paula Sigman-Lowery, etc...

If you are reading this blog, this is clearly a book you should pick up right away. No second thoughts. Very, very clear endorsement on my part.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is also a french version that i would love to buy because I think its cover is more beautiful than the english one. Do you know if the content is exactly the same? Until now, I don't own any version of the books. Thanks in advance!